Welcome everyone This video will help to install Fedena on windows XP, Windows 7, Windows8 . Installing MYSQl on windows, Ruby and Rail of windows.
Fedena is one of the best Open Source School Management Software,
Today i’ll show you a best open source cross-platform school management software called Fedena . I will tell you how to install fedena on Windows7, windows 8, windows XP. Fedena powerful school management software, opensource ERP with all the essential activities related to a school management like admission,attendance,time-table,finance,hostel,library,human resource and examination system. Using this you can create a better and organized you school.
let’s jump into the installation of Fedena on Windows7 PC
Step 1: Install MySQL
1. Download and install the “essential” version of the MySQL installer v5.0
(skip this step if you already have MySQL installed)
2. Copy libmysql.dll from MySQL bin directory (usually C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.0bin) and paste in into Ruby bin directory (usually C:Ruby187bin) after completing step 3
Step 2: Install Ruby
Fedena is based on Ruby on Rails, so you’ll have to first install ruby on your system which you can download from dl.bintray.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/rubyinstaller-1.8.7-p302.exe.
Download and install One-Click Ruby Installer for Windows.
Step 3: Install Bundler gem
Now we can use the RubyGems package manager to download and install Bundler Open a command window from installed directory of ruby (C:Ruby187 )and run the command
“gem install bundler –remote” .
This command install all required gems this need internet connection.
Step 4: Setup Fedena
1. Download Fedena bundle patched source code from Extract the ZIP/TAR archive and save to a folder (say C:Fedena).
2. Now goto the fedena source directory in the command window.
3. Run the command “bundle install –local”. This command will install fedena on your pc.
4. Open C:releaseconfigdatabasedatabase.yml and under the development line, just update your MySQL username and password.
5. Run the command “rake db:create”. This will create the required database.
If your MySQL user does not have database creation privilages, just create the database from your Database manager and you may skip this step.
6. Run the command “rake fedena:plugins:install_all”. This will populate the database with required tables.
7. Finally, run the command “mongrel_rails start”.This would start the server and it will be accessible at
8. If you want to run Fedena in production mode, run the command “mongrel_rails start -e production”. For this, Production database details should be given in config/database.yml
9. Open a new windows command line window and navigate to fedena root directory
10. Run the command “rake jobs:work”
Plz subscribe our Youtube Channel